Monday, February 16, 2009

Where Has The Day Gone?

I just had a glance at the clock and realized that it's 6:30 p.m. and I'm wondering where the day has gone. I was up this morning a little before 9, and pretty much hit the ground running. Marcel called the company in regards to his laptop (which is now on it's way to Germany for repairs), while I made breakfast and updated my grocery shopping list.

I then printed out the Fed-Ex label while Marcel called Fed-Ex to schedule a pick up. The time frame they gave us was between noon and six, which gave us two hours to get the grocery shopping done. We made it with about 15 minutes to spare, and Fed-Ex arrived about 10 minutes after 12. Hopefully the turn-around time won't be too long on his laptop, because I think the poor guy is going into withdrawls. I can't blame him though, I would be too. He's been using my computer some, but it isn't the same as your own..

In other news around the homestead- I began my relationship again with the elliptical today. I was expecting serious problems, after neglecting it for so long, but surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I did have a case of 'wobbly leg syndrome', but that's the only real thing that was out of the ordinary.

After a two month vacation, and a few weeks of adjustment period at home, I knew it was time to start using it again. I want to get the rest of this excess weight off this year, and I know I will.

Marcel is working today, so I've been able to spend the afternoon doing exactly what I wanted to do, which is always fun. My dinner is in the oven, and I'm thinking a hot bath is in order soon, but I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of blogging and catching up with blogs..

I just need to get everyone added to my blogroll and that will make it much easier to keep up with everyone. One step at a time. I have to keep reminding myself.

Before my dinner burns, I'd better put an end to this entry and get moving.

My Gratitude List for February 16, 2009.

Today I'm Grateful For:

1- An afternoon to spend doing exactly what I want.

2- Marcel's laptop still being under warranty.

3- My elliptical.

4- The show The Biggest Loser, which encourages and inspires me each time I watch it.

5- Play time with Mister Mistoffelees, who always makes me giggle.

5 comments:

becomingkate said...

Have a lovely evening Lori!

Cin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cin said...

To follow my blog just go to your dashboard and choose ADD and put my link in http://cindy-busybody.blogspot.com/

and it will add me.Its because I have a different layout,theres no option to "follow me" so you have to add me manually.Love ya girlie

NoWay said...

*waves* to Wizzy!

Reticent Meanderings said...

No fun when your computer is sick! Hope Marcel gets his back in tip-top shape really soon!

Glad to hear you are working out again. I really LOVE my elliptical. It is one of my favorite things, and I am really thankful for it.

How is Mr. M. feeling? I remember you thought he might have a UTI. Hope he is doing well.

*BIG HUGS*